everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yup, I was born on the same day that Punxsutawney Phil makes his annual appearance.  I heard that my little ground hog friend did indeed see his shadow this year and promises 6 more weeks of winter.  I too saw my shadow today and it was not a pretty site. If Punxsutawney Phil has any doubts about whether or not his shadow was actually visible he can be rest assured that my shadow was clearly visible from space. 

My boys brought me breakfast in bed this morning.  Star French toast (cut out with cookie cutters), bacon and coffee...and they even warmed up the syrup.  I am so spoiled.  Last night Andrew made some drawings and messages, blew up some balloons (that I tied) and decorated the head board of my bed so that I would wake up and be surprised on my birthday.  I was not supposed to notice last night when I went to bed and was given orders to be surprised when I woke up.  Too cute!  




My boys took me out to dinner tonight too.  We went to the Olive Garden... more adult friendly than Chuck-E-Cheese, better atmosphere than McDonalds, loud enough that Sam's singing won't bother too many people and yet still a place where we can order a meal that Andrew is willing to consume.  We all ordered and everyone was behaving and then the food came.... Let me set the scene...  There really wasn't enough room for 2 high chairs (one for Sean and one for Sam) at our table and still keep everything out of Sam's reach so we thought Sean would be safer in his infant seat on the floor next to me.  Or so we thought!  He was being quiet and thinking about going back to sleep... always the good baby that he is.  So the food comes and as the waiter lifts the Andrew's bowl of buttered noodles off the tray it slips out of his hand and lands on top of Sean.  The poor waiter was mortified.  You could almost hear him saying to himself as he lifted the plates... "don't drop this on the baby...don't drop this on the baby...".  Well accidents happen and Sean was fine... but if he grows up hating noodles we will know why.  The rest of our meal was lovely and the boys got a kick out of the entire wait staff singing to me some loud and obnoxious version of the Happy Birthday Song.  

My boys (all of em) are asleep now after a long day of giving me the special treatment.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rae! I am glad you were born!

Kelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rae!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!
Would it be ok if I added a link to your blog on mine? LMK.
Kelly

rae said...

Kelly
Sure!
rae

Katie said...

Happy Birthday chicka! So glad you are older than me... hehe...

Free Art Printables said...

Happy Birthday BTW!
Jen