everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tip of the day

Having 2 children in diapers (a 5 month old and a 5 year old with special needs) can be enough to tax anyone's olfactory limits to the brink.  There are often times I feel it should be my duty as a good citizen to remove the cute welcome sign  I have on the front door and replace it with a bio-hazard warning. CAUTION... ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!  So what is a mom to do??? Poop happens... and around our house it happens a lot. 
 
That brings me to the tip of the day!
In my sometimes futile attempts to keep my house smelling fresh (or at least not like poop) I have devised an inexpensive, easy and effective way to freshen my house.  I stick bounce fabric softener sheets in my vents.  Brilliant... I know!  I stick the corner of one bounce sheet under the vent cover so that the sheet hangs freely down into the vent but is secure and does not fall down into the vent pipe (bounce sheet cannot be seen when vent cover is in place).  When the furnace kicks on the heat activates the bounce sheet and wafts a fresh scent throughout the house.  You can adjust the desired level of freshness by the number of vents you utilize.  I find that this works better when the heat is on verses the A/C but even then this is a great way to freshen your house year round.  Fabric softener sheets come in a variety of scents, they are cheaper than plug in air fresheners and last longer than sprays.  


No comments: