everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama must have had the faster car...

This morning I got up and turned on the TV to take in some of the news on this historic day.  As I was getting the boys ready and I mentioned to Andrew that today was a very important day... the day that Barack Obama becomes President.  And our conversation when like this...

Andrew:  Well, I guess Obama won.

me:  Of course he won honey... today is the day he is sworn in as President of the United States.

Andrew: I'm glad that he beat McCain... Obama must have had the faster car.

me: Faster car?

Andrew: Ya MOM!  The Presidential RACE! (duh) Obama beat McCain to the White House so he gets to be President today!  

OMG I about wet my pants.  Out of the mouths of babes.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL that is so cute! Here in DC, things are crazy today!

Heather said...

Classic line!!!I so wish I had done what my mom suggested a long time ago and that was to leave a notebook in the kitchen to write down things the kids said,when they said them.You think you will never forget them and somehow from one moment to the next,they evaporate when you go to repeat them!Three grown,three to go ... maybe it's not to late to start.