everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CUB SCOUTS


Andrew joined the Cub Scouts and I don't know if I am ready for this kind of commitment ....LOL.   I have yet to determine if scouting is controlled fun disguised as service or a nation wide cult ring.  Andrew is so excited and I guess that is what it is really all about.  They really do have a bunch of fun events planned and Andrew wants to do them all... today! Right Now as a matter of fact! I think all he hears is...blah blah blah blah Fishing Derby blah blah blah, Camp Out blah blah, SMENCILS blah blah blah... and he is ready to sign up.  Right now I think he thinks scouting is all about playing tag with your friends in the church parking lot and starting fires.  I get several emails from the Pack leader, treasurer, Den leader and like 50 other people daily about dues, this event or that event, what the scouts are supposed to wear and when they are supposed to wear it, smencils (don't ask) and up coming popcorn sales. Seriously... the squares on my calendar are only so big.  There are hand books to buy and to download, there is a uniform with tons of tiny little patches that need to be sewn onto it in just the right spot and of course there is stuff that needs to be sold (popcorn and smencils).  Upon the recommendation of the lady and the Boy Scouts Store, I bought Andrew a uniform shirt that is about 10x too big for him.  Obviously she is held in high regard as it would appear that everyone bought their child an extremely oversized cub scout shirt.   Next weekend is the big Fishing Derby that I believe got us into this whole thing so we will see how it goes.  In the mean time he does look very handsome in his cub scout uniform.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Too cute and funny! I just wrote to Boy Scout dues check too and got recruited to be Den Mom(!). I hope Andrew enjoys scouts...he sure looks cute in the picture!

Heather said...

Jake has been wanting to join so badly.I just don't know if we can put that on the already overflowing plate right now. Jake and Andrew would hit it off let me tell you. Every time you post about him it sounds just like Jake! You should see is creature/bioncle/ lego, impossible to dust, table in his room! Quite the collection.I share with Jake Andrews creature feature but I don't dare share the Cub scout photo.... there would be no avoiding it then!