everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patrick Thibodeau

Can you say... "nothin' but net!"

I am so proud of Patrick and all of his years of hard work.  As I was watching this I couldn't help but notice what a nice gate he had, excellent posture, his coordination and stamina running up and down the court. Things that I am sure many parents of kids with Down syndrome, having gone through years of physical therapy, also noticed and smiled at the thought well spent therapy dollars.  Hard work indeed!  I got a lump in my throat and a warm and fuzzy feeling watching this video and hear the crowd chant his name.  Patrick, you are an inspiration!  I am also so very proud of the young man who gave up his starting position to allow Patrick to play. As Sam grows I am so deeply touched by stories like these and ever so hopeful that we are all seeing signs of things to come.  Acceptance, Awareness, Compassion and Understanding.  

WTG Patrick!  

No comments: