everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple Pickin'

The boys had no school today (Friday) due to a teacher inservice and at about 9:00 am I knew that I had to come up with a game plan and quick.  Well the garage door was broke and the repair man was due to arrive between 11am and 1pm (another story for another time) ... anyway after he left I loaded the boys up in the van and we headed out to Apple Holler.  The had a great time picking, and throwing I might add, apples.  They also got to feed goats and play on some of the other attractions.  Besides the delicious apples... they have a small bakery that was beckoning us from the moment we got out of the car.  I bought a dozen homemade apple cider donuts... they alone were worth the trip.   Notice... the yummy donuts didn't last long enough to me to take pictures of them. 


yummy golden delicious


lil' apple thief

 Sam actually threw more apple than he picked but after awhile he got the hang of it.

Andrew is my apple pickin' pro.  He inspected each apple for worms, bruises and other imperfections before putting them in our bag.  And at this very spot... Andrew later informed me, is where he left his sunglasses.   And there they will stay!

How cute is this... Andrew made this bag before we left to carry all his apple in.  I love this bag.


Sam's favorite part was the corn pit.  It is like a huge sand box but it is filled with corn.  The boys were absolutely filthy afterwards but the had a great time. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is the one thing I miss about back east.Fall time.Apple picking.Apple cider.We had a great cider mill where they made their fresh cider,candied apples and fresh donuts.Nothing quite like it.You post took me back.Thank you for it.The boys,well, cute as ever.

My name is Sarah said...

That looks fun Sam. Do you like to eat corn? I do.