everything is possible... the impossible just takes a little longer

slow and steady wins the race

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kickin' For A Cause


Saturday was  the second annual Kickin' For A Cause Kickball Tournament (a Special Olympics fundraiser). Although we had some new people this year, most of the people on the team are veterans from last year's team.  Originally I had tried to put together a kids team too but that sort of fizzled out so the kids played on our team.... this I think actually gave us an advantage since last year we got our butts kicked by a bunch of 11 year olds (they even taunted us and called us names!). This year all the teams were really fun and were good sports about letting the kids play. Sam even rounded the bases (with Pat's help) a few times and played a little in left field.  Our team YOUNG AT HEART took 4th place and we won the "chicken dance" team spirit contest!  I think everyone really had a great time and I am sure I won't have to twist too many arms to get them to all come back and play again.  

1 comment:

Michael David said...

Wow, I love kickball. Sign me up for next year.